We were honoured to receive a highly commended award from Financial Literacy Australia for our 2014 event ‘The Koori Big Super Day Out’. It was a great achievement and we are thrilled our event has been so well received by industry and that Financial Literacy Australia recognised our work in the community.
‘The Koori Big Super Day Out’ was designed to help the Indigenous community start thinking about their future and to plan for their retirement. The first event was held last year in Redfern, Sydney at the National Centre of Indigenous Excellence and achieved some exciting results.
· Over 170 community attended
· 60 community members spoke with an expert
· 16 industry experts volunteered their time
· One community member found $750,000 in lost super
· Community members made beneficiary nominations
· Increased Indigenous consumer awareness of superannuation products and services
· Coverage by Koori Radio
· Gained industry attention
We hope to roll out 'The Big Super Day Out’ event nationally over the next few years and are on the look out for national partners who wish to sponsor the event or volunteer their staff to helping out for a wonderful cause. If you are interested please email email@example.com or call (03)9670 5904.